Saturday, August 30, 2008

UPCOMING VA SCOTTISH GAMES & FESTIVALS

It’s Labor Day weekend. Summer is over and the fall season for Scottish Games and Festivals is upon us.

Although, it’s outside the Commonwealth, I’m excited about my trip next weekend to the Long Peaks Scottish Festival at Estes Park, CO.

The first up is The 2008 Virginia Scottish Games will be held on September 13-14th from 9 am to 6 pm at Sky Meadows State Park in Delaplane, VA. This will be the second year at Sky Meadows. I really enjoyed the location last year. It reminded me a wee bit of the Highlands. Much better spot than Alexandria.


Next up is the Williamsburg Scottish Festival, the first weekend in October. I’m very excited about this one as I will be hosting the MacCallum Malcolm Clan Society Tent. The location is new this year at
Rockahock Campgrounds in Lanexa just north of Williamsburg.




Then comes the Richmond Scottish Games October 25th & 26th. I believe this is the last year at raceway and will be relocated in Carolina County.
The Fredericksburg Scottish Society usually has a dinner
on St. Andrews Day, November 30th.

For me the season ends with the Alexandria Scottish Christmas Walk the first weekend in December. Always a fun time.