Friday, September 21, 2007

KILTED FRIDAY - MULTIPLIES!

As a take-off from the concept casual Fridays, I’ve been wearing my kilt to work the last 6 Fridays. Today, I was joined by two other kilted XMTSers who wore their kilts to work! Paul Danner and Jim Breeden with their spouses Dottie and Sharon meet for lunch at a local Panera Bread in Spotsylvania.

After this photo was taken a fellow came up to us and told us about his trip to Scotland and his Scots Irish ancestry. He said he almost purchased a kilt while there but did not. We told him about X Marks the Scot and kilt makers on the forum.

Sharon works at the Fredericksburg Visitor Center. She commented that she had been a serving wench at the Rising Sun Tavern. She noted that I was a member of the Fredericksburg Scottish Society. I think its time to schedule a Kilt Night on First Fridays for October 5th.

After work I was in the check out line at a local Ukrops grocery store when a lady asked me if I was Scottish. Scottish ancestry I replied, yes. She told me she was from Edinburgh! As I was leaving the store I passed a couple and overhead the fellow say to his girl as he pointed to my kilt, I got to get one of those!

A very successful Kilted Friday!